Saturday 13 September 2014

RECOMMEND TO ME - Children of Men

Exploring my DVD collection and my addiction to owning complete sets.  Here is some stuff recommended to me.

I asked on Google+Tumblr and Twitter for people to recommend films.  I thought I would share films I already own on DVD here.  These film appears on the first list of films recommended.


Children of Men (2006) was recommended by +Sue Whiting.

A solid dystopic film with some great long single takes that add to tension and action far more than (IMHO) the fast cut action of Michael Bay and others ever does and creates moments of great beauty.  Like many dystopic films it is full of social commentary (mostly about refugees or, possibly, the 90s group "The Fugees") and ends with ambiguous hope.  Although the are times of action and gun battles it is done in such a "real" way it doesn't feel like one of those big action films, which I think makes it great.

Return Recommendation:  I'm going to recommend back Michael Winterbottom's Code 46 another dystopic future film that doesn't go for overblown action.



~ DUG.

No comments:

Post a Comment